SEMINAR ON FOOD RESOURCES AND WORLD FOOD PROBLEMS
Food in The World
• 30,000 plant species with parts people can eat
• 15 plants and 8 animals supply 90% of our food
• Wheat, rice, and corn are half the calories people eat
• 66% of people eat mainly rice, wheat, and corn (grains)
• The top third of the economic chain eats primarily meat.
Plants as Food Resource
Plants are one of the most important food resources on this planet.
Nearly all herbivorous animals depends upon plants for their food including humans.
Animals as a Food Resource
Animals can be directly or indirectly used as a food resources.
They are one of the significant factor of food chain.