PURPOSE: To determine the effects of ingredients and incubation temperature on rising ability of bread sponge
1. Five variables of ingredients will be tested:
2. Dissolve 0.1 g of yeast in 20 ml of water. Add this to 80 ml water containing 0.5 % salt.
3. Add water containing yeast and salt to 100 g of hard wheat flour.
4. Knead the dough until well mixed.
5. Divide the sponge 4 equal parts.
6. Plate the sponge in a 100 ml graduated cylinder which is previously oiled and drained. Tap to remove the air bubbles and obtain a minimum volume around 25 ml.
7. Record the volume by measuring the hieght of dough and then incubate the dough at 21°C and 37°C.
8. Record the volume of each sponge in the cylinders at every 15 min interval until maximum volumes are reached.